Advice Required Re Backup Software

Advice Required Re Backup Software

od  Williamhawk  -  15. září 2017 10:45

Hi All,

As the title suggests, what software would you recommend for backing up my PC?

I have some very important files on my PC, consisting of 16 years worth of family photos and videos that i do not want to lose.
I currently copy/paste the entire contents of my PC over to an external hard drive (currently sits at 266GB of files to be backed up) and as you can imagine takes a very long time!

I'm looking for software which will check for changes in existing files and copy the new file over together with any new files not currently on the external hard drive.
 I have tried some software in the past, however i was paranoid that it wasn't copying some of the files over that had either changed or were new files (a great deal of trust is needed that the software is working as it should!!), and therefore I resulted in going back to my old way of copying and pasting to a hard drive, at least i can then go into the external hard drive and check the number of files and the size of the backup, and check it matches the hard drive of my PC.

As mentinoed, i have some very important files on my PC and I don't want to lose them due to them not being copied over!
 Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1322166-advice-required-re-backup-software/

teaser trailer